Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What's a good video card for Ubuntu ?

The video card I have now sucks (ati all in wonder 9600) with Ubuntu Hardy Heron so I am in the market for a new one that will work better. I would like one that will be recognized as soon as I plug it in and I would like it to work well for 3d desktop effects with copiz fusion. I have been searching on google for quite a while about this but it is hard to find good info and much of it is out of date. Want to spend under $150, Thanks.|||The card you have now will work just fine if you install the proprietary drivers from ATI.

Read the link below for instructions on installing the binary fglrx driver.



nVidia or ATI doesn't matter, Compiz won't work without installing the optional driver from the manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment