Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is the Nvidia 8600gt video card good for playing any of the games on the orange box?

I heard it's cheap, and all the good video cards I see are expansive. This one isn't as expansive, but does it work? I don't care if it will give me awesome graphics as long as I can play Half Life 2 or Portal or one of those games without super lag, or constant crashes. Does any one recommend it who have it and play orange box?|||considering that the 8800gt is recommended for cryengine (designed for alienware) games and i can still play half life 2 on my 1.6ghz 1gb ram laptop (i suspect the graphics card sucks) you should be fine|||You get what you pay for. That card is indeed cheap but you will not be able to play with good settings. You won't get super lag or crashing but you won't get smooth gameplay. I recommended spending the extra $ and getting a better card such as a geforce 9500gt or an ATI HD 4600+ series card if you want smooth gameplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment