Thursday, April 26, 2012

How much does a good video card cost?

First of all, I know nothing about computers.



I've got windows vista, on an eMachines computer. I've got 2 gigs of ram, and it's just a cheap computer I got at wal-mart. :-) The only thing I do on my computer is talk to friends on aol instant messanger, and play World of Warcraft.



I'm on World of Warcraft right now, playing with the graphics set to 'Fair', and i've got 15-20 fps in Dalaran. When there's a lot of people around (such as raids/middle of the day), I've got about 5-8.. So really my questions are; is it possible for my computer to get a better video card? How much would a 'good' video card cost me? and how much would my fps be if I did buy one?



Thanks. :)|||35~3500



Tigerdirect.com

and hey ill agree with the Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT. i have built 2 systems using that card. cheep and effective as hell.|||http://internetgames.about.com/od/hardwa…|||If you want one that can run WoW on nice graphics then I suggest the Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT since it is fairly cheap (around $100) and can run most of the Direct X 10 games on decent graphics (100 fps)|||For WoW you can get a good FPS with cards that cost from ~$100-400, but it might not be worth it with a computer you bought from Walmart if the other components are crap. Plus the parts might not be compatable with a newer card.

I'm not sure what sort of computer you have at the moment but a nVidia 8800GT worked just fine in WoW back in my raiding days.

More than anything it's your internet connection coping with the amount of stuff flying about your screen in a raid.



Edit: 9800GTs are just fine, but it's practically the same as the 8800GT and the 8800 is cheaper..

The only thing better about the 9800 is it's generally cooler.|||I recommend a card raging from 60 US dollars to 150 US dollars for your rig. You have to check if you power supply can support a high end card if your trying to go high end. High end cards ranges from 200 to 700 dollars. Your processor and monitor size may also contribute to your FPS so I really cannot answer how much FPS you'll get unless you gave me your whole PC specs.

No comments:

Post a Comment