Monday, May 7, 2012

Does this sound like a good video card?

I have a Dell XPS 420 with a quad core processor and 8GB Ram. I currently have a ATI Radon 128mb graphics card which isn't all that good. I was looking at a Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX +OC 512mb Card. Is that a good choice? What other cards are good?

I wont be doing much gaming but I do watch and make videos.

Thanks|||The 9800GTX is a monster; very nice! 16x anti-aliasing for one; Direct x10..

Since you make videos this bad boy is HD; look, all I have is a GeForce 8800 GTS 512, and it's perfect for what you seem to need. Look into making sure you can't save yourself some money by downgrading; but in any case, what you're looking at should be more than enough|||that is a fine card.



it is above most of the NVIDIA video cards, and costs significantly less than the next step up (a GTX 260)|||It sounds like a really good video card, AKA overkill. Video is 2D, 9800GTX is a screaming fast 3D card... My 7600GT on a Core 2 Duo handles watching Blue Ray just fine. If you do HD Video editing you migh run out of processor power but even a modest video card will be more than enough...|||Yeah, it's perfect for those uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment