Friday, May 4, 2012

If I don't have a good video card, will I not be able to play the Sims 3?

I am running Windows XP on a Compaq that my parents bought me in 2005.

It has 2.0 GHz CPU and I just bought 2 GB memory for it, and I'm going to put it in when I get it,

but I haven't bought a newer video card for it.



Do I have to buy it? (It doesn't have support for Pixel Shader 2.0)



And I know how to swap everything, I'm good with computer hardware.|||You WILL need a new video card.|||A relatively good card is needed to play it smoothly.



The system requirements are here:



http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq



Also go to 'system requirements lab' and select 'The Sims 3' from the dropdown list, it will check your system and let you know if you meet the requirements. Link below.



http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest



A card which meets the minimum will be very cheap as well so you should be playing in no time if you don't already have one!|||Sims 3 will be fine on your machine check machine specs ,if you don't know what you have, download Belarc advisor for free and get an anallysis of your Laptop or notebook for free .Enjoy the game,as far as the pixel shader 2.0 winxp has 2.0



Ron B.

No comments:

Post a Comment