Friday, May 4, 2012

How do I run a game on a laptop that doesn't have a good video card?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and apparently the video card in these things are crap. I have a game, Sims 2, that I REALLY want to play but it won't run on m laptop and the video card cannot be replaced because it's soldered to the motherboard. How can I play my game. Is there anything external that I can buy to get my game to play. I have an eternal hard drive if hat helps. PLEASE HELP!|||well the sims 2 site says:

"If you have a non-T&L capable video card (an Intel Extreme Graphics or a Radeon 7000/VE Series) then you need at least:



* 2.0 GHz processor or better

* 256 MB RAM if Windows Vista, XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000

* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space



So I would up the ram allocated to the video card (done in BIOS)

and try again.



hmm i seem to remember a USB video card but i cant seem to find one anymore.



good luck

Vex|||That is how the laptop market makes their money. I mean this is a good positive way because sometimes upgrading to a newer machine will work out better for you. You'll need a new laptop in order to play it.|||Unless you have another laptop to play it on you are either going too have to get a new laptop or forget playing the game





All the best



RR|||I'm not sure how old your computer is, but many of the newer ones have a slot that you can put a game card in. You can buy such cards at many places (from Wal-mart, to ebay, to Circuit City). The cards are not cheap! I was looking at getting one once, but I got an Xbox 360 and don't use my pc for gaming anymore. After buying a card, though, all you have to do is plug it in the slot. If your computer doesn't have a gaming card slot, and the current card is soldered to the motherboard, I don't think you can do anything. Good luck.|||Hi, I had the same problem but my game wasn't authentic. I hadn't replaced the crack.So if your game is fake you must put the crack. Unfortunately, if not you can't use an external hard drive because you have to use the motherboard.I hope to have helped you. I wish you luck.|||there ARE external graphics processors but your pc would have to have an external graphics port to use it, I doubt some old dell laptop would have that



the Sims 2 isn't all that graphically intense but it does use up a whole lot of RAM, especially if you have a lot expansions and extra content. look into upgrading your laptop to the max RAM it can hold



you can also try to configure the game for the minimum resolution and graphic detail, I think I recall the Sims 2 having a separate configuration utility, look for that

No comments:

Post a Comment